Planning for the Fall 2019 – 2020 Health Careers Ambassador Session began with a review of all programmatic activities from previous sessions, the successes, as well as the comments/suggestions from participants.
And from that review, this year’s program session is going to be bigger and better!!!
Just to provide a bit of a sneak peek into this year’s session – students will partake in numerous interactive and engaging activities such as:
· Clinical shadowing and primary care immersion opportunities at OneWorld Community Health Centers, Heart Ministry Center, Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital and North Omaha Area Health (NOAH) Clinic.
· Seminars covering how to create a five-year plan, how to negotiate salary, how to set-up a private practice, grant writing, resources for board examinations, how to navigate being a minority within the health professional realm, etc.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Training for all students.
· Workshops focused on opioid abuse, mental/behavioral health, stress management, resume’ building, personal statement writing, interviewing skills, etc.
· Speed Mentoring – let’s meet those awesome health professionals in the community.
· Mentor – Mentee socials which equate to FUN, FUN, FUN!!
· AND MUCH MORE!!!